Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 2.51 will not install the agent to Win2k VirusScan7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2003
US
I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server running VirusScan Ver. 7. When I try to install the EPO 2.51 agent, it fails. I have tried many things to no avail. I have installed the VirusScan 7 NAP file. I check the event viewer on the server and see no attemps from the EPO server. I check the event viewer and get " Push agent installation program to "server" failed. I can send the agent out to servers with Netshield 4.51 installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Is the EPoserver logged on with and ID that is recongnized by the Win2K Server as having the rights to install software?

If either the work station is logged on as someone without those rights or the rights aren't set up on the server then you'll have that result.

The ePO server service has to be running on an account with Domain Admin rights in order for you to push the agent. This is in the installation guide.

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. I solved the problem. I found out that our security group added some security lock downs on all the server images. One of which was disabling the remote registry service. I found out I can install the agent locally but not from EPO server. EPO server needs the remote registry service enabled to install the agent.I am testing software distribution packages to perform this function instead.

Thanks to all who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back