Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 2.5 Agent - Intemittent Blue Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2002
US
Has anyone else experienced intermittent blue screens (on NT) after intstalling the ePO 2.5 agent. We have installed the agent and 4.5.1 SP1.

Does anyone have a resolution for this?

Thanks...

have you tried the service pack for EPO? I believe there is one..
FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

What is the bugcheck on the blue screens you are recieving?

We have been getting errors on some of our Windows 2000 Pro PCs since the deployment of the ePO agent. The issue is that the computer will continuously reboot. Using the "Last Known Good" option at startup, we can get past it. The System Log shows a Bugcheck of 0x00000050 (0xe20e3000, 0x00000000, 0x804019f2, 0x00000001) each time. The target address(0x804019f2) is consistent across all PCs affected. McAfee has not provided a solution for me at this point, although they suggested I re-deploy the agent in case the intial agent that was corrupt in some way.

I also installed the ePO25 HotFix today, which brought agent version from 2.5.0.168 to 2.5.1.203. I customized the agent package and it is now deploying automatically. I'll check tomorrow to determine if that resolves the problem. It may have been a problem with the 168 build.

Let me know if you turn up anything. I'll do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back