Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 1.0 install problem on NT4 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2002
US
I just set up an NT4 (SP6a High Encrypt) Server that is acting as a BDC in a domain. Also installed Netshield 4.5 and Internet Explorer 6 SP1. I've tried to install ePO 1.0, but keep getting the same error before install even begins. When I choose to install the server portion of it and then click next which takes you to the account information screen. I then enter the domain name....enter a domain admin account and password (i've used a number of different accounts that I've added to domain admins group for testing). But I keep getting the following error - "The domain, user name, or password is valid. Make sure you have entered them correctly".

I'm entering all the info correctly and can't seem to figure out why it won't take the proper domain and login credentials. Does it have something to do with the server being a BDC. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

ePO 1.0 DOES NOT WORK with IE6. Also, ePO 1.0 was a very short-lived release and was immediately replaced by 1.1. You should be installing 2.5.0 SP1 (2.5.1)

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Thanks for the quick response.....I was hoping to just install 1.0 until I could get the login information for Mcafee's support site from our parent company and download the updated version. Is there any other way for me to get an updated version? Or is downloading it directly from McAfee's support site the only option?

If you've bought ePO, you should be getting an updated version from NAI. Send an email to custserv@nai.com and they should be able to help you out.

HTH,

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back