Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EOL of Norstars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonz1

Technical User
Aug 17, 2007
US
Does anyone know when Norstars are going to be end of lifed??

thanks..... Isn't that the truth! Do you know if Norstars are still being supported by Nortel then also?

What they dont support are 8X24 KSU and NAM and MINI voice mails amongst some other items prehaps, they have been replaced MICS CICS and Call Pilot/Messaging.

Here in central Florida I have had several customers tell me that the sales people for Embarq (formerly Sprint)have said that the MICS and CICS have been discontinued and that only the BCM is in production.

LIARS!

EOL, Norstars? After the nukes fall and cockroaches evolve to be the dominant intelligent life form, they will be calling each other on Norstars. The gray market will still have parts.

NARSBARS

The local telco here (BELL) says the same thing when trying to sell a system. They say the 0x32's, 8X24's are all discontinued and no longer supported by Nortel and therefore u must change ure system to a BCM.

Personally, it makes me look better when I can supply all the parts / equipment that the telco says can't be gotten. Annoying having to explain to the customer though that the telco's more or less lieing to them.

Frankly, the small business market is far too large for nortel to eol mics or cics. That won't change while we're alive.

As for the backward compatability of the sets, nobody beats nortel. (M7410 excluded.)

AT&T and some of the others have been playing this game for some time, I think the first I'd heard of this was a year or two ago. I've had them initiate conversation with my customers regarding PRI upgrades then try to T.O. them into BCM's stating the Norstar is an antiquated discontinued system.

I guess whatever it takes to make a sale for them, eh? The funny thing is once they have egg on their face (ie when I provide correct info to the customer) they end up shooting themselves in the foot with their PRI sale since they can't be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back