Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EOD Sales not carrying over on Checkouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccTexas

Technical User
May 18, 2006
US
I am trying to figure out a glitch where the sales are not going on the ""sales prior to EOD" on the bottom of the checkout report. It's kinda convoluted but I'll try to explain. I've just managed to befuddle the local office, as usual.

How I found out about it. I was having problems with the first audits of the day always being over for no reason.

So I printed out the entire day's checkouts and found out that if a register was open and had sales prior to end of day the following is happening:
1) these sales were put in a checkout automatically by Aloha and this is checkout is checkout #1 for the day, but it does not show up on FOH, 2) it was in the amount of the cash sales that are missing (sales that occur from time of last audit and end of day that should normally be on the bottom of the checkout & included in the sales,
3) the first checkout we run that day is numbered 2 by Aloha and does not include these sales, and does not show anything on the bottom regarding sales prior to EOD
4) date/time of this #1 checkout is whatever time I print the full checkout from BOH. I call this checkout the "floating" checkout.

So when we audit the first checkout of the day, we're coming up over by about the sales that were prior to end of day because these sales are not included - they are "floating". Additionally, even though there should be (and there used to be) sales prior to end of day on the bottom of the checkouts, they aren't there anymore and they used to be. Additionally, if you forget to do a checkout and end of day runs, the checkout will have zero sales, etc.

Notes:
1) we're 24/7 and run end of day at 5 a.m. (29:00)
2) 24 operation is flagged
3) we tried an upgrade to 6.4.38 and didn't help
4) confirmed that the following 3 items are all at 5 a.m.: the time of first day part, end of day and open time
5) translog has been deleted (fresh translog) several times
6) even though the sales are "floating" they are recorded on the end of day sales summary

Anybody else seeing this?

Any thoughts?

Not 100% on this one our only 24 hr store
Recently closed. I'll check up on it in a later post but I believe the problem is with the 29 hr clock you are using to do eod at 5 am instead of just 5am. With 29 hr for eod you are actually running past a 24 hr period. Like I said I'll do some research and get back.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I now work for a restaurant corporation that uses Aloha, and we just rolled this to our Las Vegas stores. I dont actually support Aloha directly, I just tell people when data isn't coming as expected.

Our accountant noticed that we were off every day by the identical amounts. In looking at our first hour of sales 8-9am, previous day tickets were coming in. We happened to have some Aloha folks in the office at the time and I asked about this and they mentioned delting trans log at the beginning of the day.

Our support team is attempting the trans log fix at the end of day.

Hi Coorsman - actually this 2900 isn't new - we've been on this for well over 10 years. This glitch, however, is new and I think started when we upgraded to the 6+ version. Since I only noticed it recently (this year) and we upgraded at various times in the past year, I would have to verify this but I will check the one store that still is on a 5+ version that hasn't been upgraded. It wouldn't have been obvious except on those stores or those days when the managers didn't do their audits right before end of day or very, very close to end of day such that there was very few sales between the time they did their audits and the end of day.

Any one have any fixes to this?

Deleting translog does not fix :(

Anyone? I'm really trying to get this fixed.

2 questions -

In Maintenance>Store Settings>Labor>Employee Settings, is "Auto Clockout" Enabled or Disabled?

In Maintenance>Store Settings>System>End Of Day, is "Credit Sales to First Period of New Day" Enabled or Disabled?

In Maintenance>Store Settings>Labor>Employee Settings, is "Auto Clockout" Enabled or [highlight #FCE94F]Disabled[/highlight]?

In Maintenance>Store Settings>System>End Of Day, is "Credit Sales to First Period of New Day" [highlight #FCE94F]Enabled[/highlight] or Disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back