Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Environ("UserName") on Windows NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickela

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
US
I am working on an Access 2000 Project with SQL 2000 backend.

I have a form that sets a textbox's value to Environ("UserName") and then uses this value to display all of the records for that user by passing the value of the textbox as the parameter for the SQL Stored Procedure. This works great on the Windows 2000 and Windows XP workstations, but users on the Windows NT workstations aren't getting any values to populate even when we have verified that they exist. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Nickela

Check out thread705-569862. Read the whole thread, special attention to the middle and end. There is an API to get the username. I am not sure if Environ is supported on NT. I know (from other posters) that it is not supported on W98.

We use NT along with Citrix ICA Client to log on to MSTS desktop, Access 97. I can confirm that the Environ function works with this combination.

PassingBy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back