Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Envelope templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPort

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and my Sidekick 98 seems to be working just fine, except for the "Print Envlopes" command. It will not save information I enter into the #10 Envelope template, nor will it save any other template information. It used to! I can change the text, move the margins and print the envelope, but none of the changes are saved. It defaults back to Monarch envelope and I have to reenter the return address.

Any ideas from the more technical out there? James33 it has been a long time. I am glad to see you are still monitoring and involved with this forum and Sidekick 98.

Dear JackPort,

Welcome back!
Have you saved the changes under a different name?
Failing that, did you install Sidekick on the Root of the C drive?

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Dear JackPort,

When Sidekick is not running, delete the file
skwnv2.skw
in the Sidekick Data folder.

When you restart Sidekick it should re-create the default one.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

James, brilliant! I simply copied over my skwnv2.skw from my notebook and overwrote the installed file and it works beautifully. I am good for another ten years on Sidekick 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back