Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enum constants not found when running projekt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInCode

Programmer
Feb 4, 2004
DE

Does anyone have sometimes the problem that when you run your project from the IDE, or try to compile, that a created and used Enum Constants in the code is not recognized?

It is usually just only one enum not recognized, and it could be a different enum each time.

And to continue all I need to do is cut out the enum declaration and paste it a line up or down - then it gets finally recognized and I can continue.

This doesn't happen everytime, but often enough. The declaration is never changed, so it couldn't be that causing it.

I think maybe it is a Bug? Or am I doing something wrong.
It seemed to start after I loaded VB6 Sp 5 a long time ago - but now it is getting to the nerves.

Check that previous declarations of other variables exist. Por instance, if you have declared variables which belongs to a specific object (ADODB or another one) check that you can choose the type just typing adodb.recordset
.new
You can also see it trough the references included in the project.

Thank you for your response.
All the enum constants I have created have a unique prefix (unique as compared to others in projekt and references), so there are no conflicts there (easy to verify in the object browser - search).

Happens to me sometimes when I try to compile. I am not sure what is causing it, but I believe it is in the IDE. I usually close and reopen the IDE and the compile works fine again.

>It seemed to start after I loaded VB6 Sp 5 ...

If you don't have SP6 I recommend downloading it from Microsoft.

zemp

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have SP6 since it came out.

The problem getting to the nerves and I thought that maybe someone else knew why or how to correct.

Just close project and open it again. I have to do this all the time. Seems like IDE bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back