Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

!!! Entry point not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

couch

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
Windows Media Player will not launch on my NT4 sys- I get an error "The procedure entry point EnumDisplayMonitors could not be located in the dynamic link library USER 32.DLL"
How do I repair this library? I have un/re-installed mplayer several times with no change, and no other apps have any problems.

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to fis this?

Nope- haven't found a fix. The only thing I haven't tried is nuke&pave. I'm getting a new machiine soon so I'm just living without mplayer in the meantime. Actually, I haven't tried booting to dos from a floppy and overwriting the user32.dll from there.
Good luck,
Chris

Have you tried reapplying the latest Service Pack?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yup, latest service patch.

i tried reinstalling SP6 (6b or somethign) which supposedly has directx3a in it. Nothing.

I just reinstalled windows. It's fixed now! :)

That's probably the only way to revive it. Thanks everyone...

Here's the fix, dudes:

1) Download the MP6 (for NT) bundle using this link:

NOTE: This executable will just unpack a bunch of MP6 files to the specified location (say C:\Temp)

2)Grab the following two DLLs from the bunch of files extracted in the step above:
qdvd.dll
quartz.dll

and put them (or copy over the existing DLLs) into
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32 directory

That's a deliverance. Enjoy!

==========================
Always on a good footing ...
==========================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor