Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entourage email archiving on MAC 10.5--help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbby2003

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
I am seeking some help on how to archive emails from Entourage on a MAC 10.5 computer.
Your help or referral to the right tech forum will be very much appreciated.

Here is my situation:
I have a MAC OS X 10.5 user, who is using Microsoft Entourage as the email client and our email server is Microsoft Exchange 2003. Recently I joined the company and found that one mailbox of this user is 8GB on the Exchange server, and this mailbox has 2 GB of emails archived on a local folder of the MAC, and another mailbox is about 1 GB on the Exchange server. These 2 mailboxes are configured on this same Entourage, and it shows 2 separate mailboxes when Entourage was opened. I purchase EagleFiler about 1 week ago, planning to archive the emails.

Now the problems/questions are:
Recently, the Entourage database got corrupted before I use EagleFiler to archive emails. And when I tried to rebuild the database in Entourage it says “ An error occurred while attempting to rebuild your database “ ( the attached pic shows the error when I tried to rebuild the Entourage database ). How do I get Entourage to work as the email client for Exchange? Is there a way that I can retrieve the 2 GB of emails archived on a local folder of the MAC ( since those emails are not on the Exchange server )?

How do I use EagleFiler to archive those emails so that I can make the mailbox on the Exchange server to be less than 0.5 GB from the current 8GB of Exchange mailbox, and also to make the Entourage database on the MAC to be less than 0.5 GB ( I think that the large Entourage mailbox, more than 8GB, caused the corruption of the Entourage database )?

Your help or referral to the right tech forum will be very much appreciated.
Robert

jmd0252, thank you for giving me the link, and it is helpful. I am starting to resolve the issue after checking some topics in your link and some other research.

good news, always glad to help. I have always been a "pc-guy", but my wife and I purchase a used mac pro,, and we are exploring "how" to use it. Pretty nifty machines.

rbby2003, if you've had issues with EagleFiler corrupting your Entourage databases, why not use the native Entourage tools to archive this user's mail from their mailboxes? This article describes how to use the built-in tools: I think you'll have success with these tools and may avoid database corruption.

My blog -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back