Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entire Attachment Path From CONTSUPP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyW66

MIS
Sep 28, 2007
GB
Hi, I'm trying to get the entire Path for "Linked" Attached files files from the CONTSUPP Table. I see that RECTYPE = "L" gives me the Linked rows for a particular Contact and Address1 and Address2 hold the first 40 chars and next 40 chars of the path/UNC, but where is the rest? RECID links to somewhere else I can't work it out, any help apreciated...

the rest goes to the notes field.. also, take a look at the other memo/text/blob field, linkacct. the path is stored in there as well.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Right, I see it now. Packed columns, arrrgghh, I'd looked there, but hadn't extend the column widths in Enterprise Manager!

Thanks for the help, perfect.

glad to help!

Contsupp is a wild table.. It's commonly referred to as the 'kitchen sink' table because everything is in there but the kitchen sink -- referrals, additional contacts, details, AP track assignments, org charts, etc. etc. etc...

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back