Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise SQL Server Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxandy

Vendor
Apr 30, 2007
GB
I've written some reports using CRXIR2 pointing at SQL Server data. I've managed to set up the OLE link, got through the security and returned the data I want to see.

Now, I've saved the files to Enterprise and I can see the titles fine in InfoView. When I run them on demand, I get the Database Logon screen which, when I enter the correct details, brings back my report hunky-dory.

However, when I SCHEDULE the reports they fail with the following error

"Error in File C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\AX401VPC.reportjobserver\~tmp18144eafec9d230.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 18456 ]"

I'm certain that this is because it's not getting the logon details (OK - stating the obvious). My question is, can I set these parameters as a default. If so, where do I do it?

Hope someone can help.

So, I take it you're not using a universe? If you were, you would set this information up in the universe connection string?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I'm afraid not, skrandel. This is a straight Crystal Reports to Enterprise job.

However, if I wanted to use a Universe, could I do it with the software I currently have? I'm running BOXI r2 and CRCI r2.

Skrandel, thanks for pointing me in the direction of Universes.

I remembered something about BusinessViews being a similar thing to Universes and that it came bundled with BOXIR2.

I tried it, and it's worked, so thanks again for pointing me that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back