Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Spyware Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwesol

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2000
US
What are Network Admins using to get rid of spyware on a Enterprise level? Today for some reason we got hit big time with more spyware/trojans. Rather than go through each PC I would like to do this from one server and get rid of it from there.

Thanks
Mike

I am currently evaluating PestPatrol Corp. You can download an eval unit at I like it so far but I am having problems with machines with XP SP2. I expect pest patrol to fix that soon. Also note that PestPatrol has just been bought by Computer Associates (CA).

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

Thanks will check it out. What kind of problems with XP SP2 did you run into?

Thanks
Mike

PestPatrol won't connect to those. I suspect something with the firewall.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back