Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Manager not seeing backup server for log Shipping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundyld

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
I am trying to set up log shipping for a near real time sync of our production server. In interprise manager I have set a series of stored procedures to back up the DB and the Transaction Logs and then ship them over and restore them on the backup through two jobs.

My problem is that when I try to run the job it fails and says that my stored procedure is not a part of that database, even though I can walk over to the backup and look directly on it and see the sp. (could this be a problem with Enterprise Manager? because I can't get the manager to connect to any other databases/servers on my network.)

Any help would be a life saver, just get me going in the right direction if you have had this problem before or have heard of the same thing.

Thank You,
Lance Bundy
MIS
The Commerce Group.

assuming that its just that one machine that is having problems with em, i would proably try to reinstall em on that machine.

Thank you for the post. I have already solved the problem though.

Thanks again,
Lance Bundy
MIS
The Commerce Group

What was the final solution? Always try to post the final solution or acknowledge whomever came up with it. That way, anyone else having the same issue will have an idea of what the solution might be.

-SQLBill

Reinstalling Enterprise Mangager for SQL Server 7, solved this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back