Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Maanger Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimin

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
US
Anyone know how to set this up? I have set up the EM project on SQL Server and have the project running on my local IServer. I have set up another project to track on a different I-Server and have set it up (to track stats) with the DB Instance on my SQL Server. I have run reports in the project I am monitoring and checked to make sure the data loads into the EM WH on the SQL Server. Yet when I run EM reports, they come up with no data. I have checked the SQL of the EM reports and they are hitting views on the SQL Server WH. These views are not populated. The tables that populate the views are empty as well. I am doing the data loads into the EM WH manually and there is information on sessions being logged on the IS_SESSION_STATS table, just not the other tables (like IS_SESSION which is what the views are built on). What am I missing here?

thank you all.

Can't get from your post exactly what Statistics settings you have in Project Config panel of the project you're monitoring. Verify that the "User Sessions" and other logging options are checked. If I'm not mistaken the is_session_stats table logs server info, but you'll need to go into these other options to set the rest. If you've done this then I'm stumped.

I have set it to log everything it can log. It seems liek the main fact tables - which are views - are not being populated, but a set of tables that are not hit by the EM project are being populated. Could it be how the database is set up or maybe somethign to do with the loading process? I am sorry I am being vague here, the problem is fairly vague itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back