Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Connect Blank 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidKB

Technical User
Sep 3, 2011
US
Hi guys,

Let me preface this by saying I have VERY little experience with Open Text/Content Server and am approaching this from more of a Desktop Support aspect. We have a user who when clicking on Enterprise Connect and then Content Server it never populates the view with any data, it just stays blank. On any other user (including myself), it will show things like Enterprise, My Workspace, Favorites, etc. etc. The troubling part is we have had the user login to two separate laptops and the issue persists, however, if someone else logs into her own laptop, everything works fine. Is there some sort of permission in CS that could be preventing her from seeing these options in Enterprise Connect?

Thanks so much.

EC talks to your Livelink server through HTTP and paints the interface with JSON or SOAP responses.Download Fiddler on your machine and look at how it works in yours most of the time you will see good statuses nothing in red.Afterwards do the same thing from your non working users.With that you can pinpoint if these are livelink or some file system permissions(web server)
If your friend can see all the things in the webgui of livelink I dont think permissions is the problem.

Typically a Livelink user has 2 things on the userid 'Login Enabled' and 'Public Access' Enabled.If Objects like Enterprise Workspace,Folders underneath are very seriously permissioned
then Livelink will follow what the Objects ACL to the letter

So if the Enterprise Workspace was locked out of Public Access and granted permissions to GroupA for See and GroupB for Edit and your friend is only have PA but no membership in GroupA or B then
he cannot land anywhere.

I wrote these in my blog for laymen
tried to keep most of it non technical.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thank you very much appnair, I will download fiddler and take a look at your blog as well. Some interesting tidbits since I made the post earlier:

1. If you add a URL to a different environment to Enterprise Connect (right click EC, choose Manage Plug-Ins, New) EC will paint the interface. So in this case, we added the URL from the test environment of CS and Enterprise Connect displayed the information, but clicking back on the production version came back blank.

2. If you give her account System Administration Rights in CS/Livelink, EC will then work properly and display the production interface. As soon as you take away the rights, it disappears. She's the only user this has happened to (so far) as most users do not have those rights to begin with.

Does that sound more like some sort of wonky group/permission issue?

that's classic Permissions EC is a clinet that sees a web page like you tack a func=ngd.ucroot to make a connection to different livelink systems.

if you use the weburl does this person see the EWS or get an error completely.
I would just take your groups and add the person in your groups and then fix the permissions correctly.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back