Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise 10 on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyd61

MIS
May 6, 2003
US
I am slightly confused, can you install Crystal Enterprise 10 on linux or....?

I know that you could have a web connector and have your webserver run on linux.

It's certainly not supported, I think linux support is slated for v11.x

If you have only Linux machines to install it on, you could try codeweaver or even just WINE to run it, but then I don't know if that's wise.

I have heard the CEv10 for Linux is in beta with an expected release in May. I am putting together some notes for my next newsletter.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

v10 is supported on Red Hat 3 ES/AS (press release: We are considering moving from 9 on Windows to 10 on Red Hat but are facing some challenges including which DBMS to use for the CMS database and how/if we can connect to our OpenLDAP directory server (not on the supported list).

The supported platforms document for HP-UX and Linux is available from the Business Objects support site at:

Anyone with CE10 on Red Hat, please share your experiences good or bad.

--Bearden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back