Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entering variables for dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpv

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2001
US
I have a shipping dB that has a report to show overdue items. I want to be able to have the user enter a date criteria for a starting date and an ending date. How do I accomplish this. ie: I want the user who clicks on a button on the switchboard (for the report) to have to enter a date for beggining and a date for the end of report to see the data requested. Please help. All replys are greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt

I'd create a form that has 2 unbound text boxes on it. One for the starting date and 1 for the ending date. I'd set the default value for each text box to =date() and put a button called Ok on it. For the Onclick event for the Ok button have it run your report.

Have your reports recordsource point to a query.

And for your query use the criteria from the new form from above:
Between [Forms]![FormName]![Textbox] And [Forms]![FormName]![Textbox]

I hope this helps, my explanation even confuses me a little..!!?? But it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back