Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entering Text to a Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisas

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
Hi:

I'm trying to type information to a form that was sent to me electronically. When I type the information the underlines move over and the text doesn't stay underlined. I really don't want to have to print it up and send it through snail mail. Anybody know how I can type text on the form without this happening?

Thank,

Lisa

I believe what is happening, if I understand you correctly, is that the form is not protected for forms. What happens in a case like this is that the form field can not be written in, it just moves over if you put your cursor right before it. To remedy this is easy! Just got to tools, protect document, select for forms. abracadabra. walla.

It should work after that.

Good Luck.

Thanks, Doroth for the info. What worked for me is hitting the Insert key and this enabled an overwrite which allowed me to type my information without the underlines moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back