Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

entering formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlander

Programmer
Jul 10, 2002
CA
Is it possible enter a formula into a field?

I have a form, which has a number field accepting only numbers. I am trying make it accepting formula (ex. =4+5) into the field, like in Excel, can this be done?

Thanks for any help

Hi!

Yes it can, just enter the formula in the control source in the data tab of the properties window. One note of caution, you can only reference values that access will be able to find in the record source of the form otherwise you will need to use a DLookUp function to get the value you need.

hth
Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Hi, Jeff:

Thanks for your response.

I think I havn't made my question clearly.

What I would like to do is to enter the formula directly into the field, the formula is not fixed, it will change, like this time it's 4+5, next time may change to 2+2. And after it accept the formula, it will calculate the result and save the result (as a number) into the underline bounded field of a table.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back