Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter not working when composing mail....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliWal

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
GB
Hi forum,

When composing mail in GroupWise 5.5 the enter key seems to have stopped working. ie. pressing it doesn't move down a line.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oliver

Is GroupWise the only application having this issue?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]

[rofl]

The apps actually on my colleagues pc on the Novell network at work.
Unable to delete and reinstall it.
As far as we're aware this is the only app having this problem.
Just wondered if anyone knew of a setting or something that might have been turned off/on.

Thanks for replying,

Oliver

This has happened to me on occasion and most recently in 6.5. The fix I use is to save the message in the Work in Progress folder, then re-open and it's fine!

Another problem a couple of my users (myself included) have experienced is when you're typing a rather lengthy message and hit the "enter" button, GW crashes causing you to lose the message!!! This occurs in 6.0 and 6.5.

BTW, these issues occurred only in GW...reinstalling the client didn't fix the problem.

Regards,

Stars

We are having similar issues with GroupWise 6.0.1 with a couple of our users. They loss the use of their delete key, enter key, and TAB key after the pc goes to screen saver. It only affects GW and no other apps. They have to reboot to gain control of these keys and functions. We've check with Novell, MS and other sites to no avail.

We have re-installed GW several times. That usually takes care of it for a couple of day/weeks. Then it comes back. We've re-imaged the pc several times with the same results (comes back).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sometimes the enter key does not work if there is another GroupWise window open.

For example, I start composing a new e-mail, then I decide I need to change GroupWise options by going Tools -> Options. If I leave the Options window open and go back to the Mail message I can't use enter.

This may be the issue, but we've run across this a few times at work. Hope this helps.

Matt

Update...

We found that if you press ctrl+enter it unlocks the del, tab, and enter key.

Weird!

Thanks,

JMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back