Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ensoniq sound problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleone

Technical User
Jun 11, 2006
US
I have used aida to identify my sound card that is onboard w/mb. it says it is a Ensoniq tazer sound card. I show no problems in device managr and the sound is turned up and the line in is not muted. I can play music but, it is very low even with the sound turned all the way up. I know creative bought out ensoniq so i have creative drivers and they show no sign of fault. Is there a driver specific for this card. Please help

Are you using powered speakers? These days, both separate and on-board soundcards/chipsets usually require some form of external amplifier for loudspeakers to be driven sufficiently. Have you tried plugging in a pair of stereo computer headphones?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

I plugged in a pair of regular head phones. Your probably right the speakers were not powered. Is there a way around it.
Thanks

Two ways.

(1) Plug the output from the soundcard into a Hi-Fi or other amplifier that you have to hand.

(2) Buy yourself a pair of powered speakers! There's lots out there from el-cheapo to bloomin' expensive. Price will depend upon quality and speaker power output (Watts) that you require. Just sitting on the desk next to you will only need 10W or so, but to fill a large room with vibrant sound, look towards 35W upwards.

Hope that helps...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back