Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enough Power???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate252

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
US
Ok heres my -future- system (the one i need to know about for buying the PSU)...

MOBO - ABIT KX7-333
CPU - AMD XP 1800+
Video - GeForce 4 (min req. says needs 300 watt PSU)
PCI Cards - LAN 10/100 and SOund Blaster Live Value
2 7200 RPM HDD
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
Floppy
4x256 DDR-RAM PC2700

Plus LED's and Cold Cathode Lights, for coolness hehe

OK my question...
I was going to buy a 550 watt PSU but i dont want to spend the 140 bucks for it (from enermax) i would rather go to the 431 watt model, (also an enermax) thats only 100 bucks...will 430 watts be enough power for all this and more? i only want to run the PSU at 70% and under its max output, just to be sure...let me know any info you can give.

Thanks All

Matt

Grrr...i forgot i also have 5 case fans, plus 2 inside, and will later be adding a digital doc 5 to keep track of temps and fans, just to let you know incase it changes anwsers...thanks all

Matt

Well if your planninng on addind alot you will need a big psu the standered is 300so you should do good with the 430 considering you are adding alot of extras.Might as well thorw a neonlight in it while your at it with a cut off side.

431watt model will be more than adequate foe watt you have and more.
I probably have more in my system incl 5 fans and all 5 PCI slots full with 2 HD's and run a 350watt PSU with no probs. Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back