Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enormous updates on names.nsf, normal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMedz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2000
PH
Hi! I have a local replica of the public address book on my laptop.
when i replicated from the server and found several updates we're made - it says that there are 1431 updates. im just wondering if there's someone editing the address book without my knowledge or is there a server routine that does updates the PAB?
one more thing.... when i view the user activity details i saw most of the servers are doing most of the editing(writes).
need advise pls, tnks!

Whether these updates are 'normal or not', depends on how much changes occur in your public address book. We for example produce a lot of changes with agents that synchronize the additional information about a person (phone no., fax number, address etc.) with our internal organizational directory. This agent creates a lot of transactions (but not necessarily big changes) which the mobile users must replicate.
Another reason could be: are you updating your names.nsf with data from an external database source (e.g. via LEI)?

Im just alarmed the way the number of updates appear after my replication..... since the deployment of our domino servers is pretty huge i can't hardly trace on what they updated(we have a 225 deployed domino servers across the globe). i just want to check if there's a server task running on the daily basis and does updates on names.nsf

Unless you set an agent or process up there is not a routine task that updates the NAB. However if you have 225 server's all it would take is 6.4 people on each server to have edited their person doc since the last time you have replicated and you'd have your 1431 updates as each server replicates out the changed database. 6.4 changes aren't a lot. Gamesman
jhughes@barbhosp.com
MT(ASCP), MCP, CIW, CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back