Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

engine 2000i vs. sql8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanmaninsi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2002
CA
I have two servers running two seperate applications that require a pervasive engine. One server has Pervasive 2000i (and the latest SP for this) and the second has the Pervasive SQL8 engine. Now users that had to access both apps from the same client machine cannot (this used to be possible). The application that requires Pervasive SQL8 will work but the second app (Accpac) requires Pervasive 2000i (at least this is the engine that is installed on the Accapc server)will not work on the same computer. I recieve an error of cannot access database error=98. If I look in the ODBC\DSN settings, when I run a connectivity test it fails with an error of system error=1114. Any ideas on this problem???
thanks in advance,
L

A Btrieve/Pervasive status 98 means "The MicroKernel detected an internal transaction error" which would be a problem in the engine. Is it possible, the 98 is mapped by Accpac? If so, you'll need to find out what that translates to in terms of a Pervasive error code.
As far as the 1114, I've seen that when the PVSW\BIN directory is not in the system path. A 1114 is an OS level system error that means "A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

We use ACCPAC and Maximizer, but ACCPAC requires only Pervasive 2000.

HOWEVER, both of these databases reside on the same server which is running PV8, not 2000i. ACCPAC works fine accessing the PV8 server and of course every client has Pv8 installed on it.

Just to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back