Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enforcing policy in EPO 3.0.1 with VS 7.1 doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

zweefvlieg

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
BE
After installing ePO 3.0.1 i tried to install VS 7.1
This was succesfull. Changing pôlicies seems to be working if you look in the agent window. It is reporting downloading policies , aplying. But nothing seems to change regarding setting in the client ( minimum menu, no splash screen). What is the reason ?

Do you have the box checked to enforce the policies?

Yes I have
It seems also that the policies aren't stored anymore under the same directories as before ( epoagent...agentdb....Policy)
Is this maybe the reason that it doesn't work?

Hi.

Did you upgraded epolicy from version 2.5.x?
In this case check if you have upgraded the agent.
Also see you there is any duplicate machines in the directory.

Hi

Found in the agent log one of the logs following error(s)

20040309111451 i Agent Agent Started Enforcing policies
20040309111451 I Management Enforcing policies
20040309111451 i Management Enforcing Policies for VIRUSCAN7100
20040309111451 I Management CManage::EnforcePolicies() - FAILED - "VIRUSCAN7100" Error(-1207)
20040309111451 i Management Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000META

Enforcing policies for the agent himself works fine( hide the icon on the system tray as example)
Opened a call Mcafee for this

Try this.

Uninstall VS 7.x, remove epo agent (frminst.exe /remove=agent), remove Network Associates registry entry in HKLM\Software (do this only if you have uninstalled all network Associates software before and if you know how to handle registry). Restart the computer and install the agent. Wait until the agent forces VS7.x installation.

Note: This steps works for me when i have that kind of wierd problems. You should backup your registry before do this.

Are you on a client or Server OS? there are two different tabs to enforce the policies for client or server

Note the comment above about Server/Workstation tabs for the policies. I just got bit on this while trying to set up scan exclusions on an Exchange server.

How about security? The server must have access to the Documents and settings\All Users folder to write the policies and the log. If the server account doesn't have access then nothing happens.

My company got carried away with client security on a few machines and this was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back