Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Endpoint licenses? R8.1 and vmc32 v2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apexis

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
Are 12 still included?

No, only with the VCM32v1 or the VCM64v1.
The v2 are much cheaper and do not come with the IP endpoint licenses.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You can still buy V1s though, the V2's are great as a cheap carrier card or for a VCM where you only need SCN or SIP trunks. If you are using endpoints it works out cheaper to use a V1 but not by a huge amount :)

For a small site of 13 IP phones with 6 channels on a T1 I'm guessing we should just go with the ATM (since we need the analog ports) and then just 13 endpoint licenses since the ATM comes with 10 VCMs on r8.1?

Combo card not ATM
but yes that is probably the better way to go

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

No, a T1 needs a PRI card and you don't get a combo with a PRI daughter board, you will need a VCM32 V1 and a PRI Universal card ideally :)

yes....combo. have an existing pri card and using legacy carrier for it. great thanks.

I have a very bad experience with legacy card carriers and pri cards.
Somehow they do not work fine as i have had a lot of problems on different sites.

BAZINGA!

Really Peter? We did loads when the 500 was released and never had issues, yet another thing they have f*cked up with their half arsed attempts at adding new features :)

pressure from marketing
I feel for the engineers and developers that have to work in that environment.

Nevertheless WE are the ones getting beaten up by customers for it and look like total incomptent morons if it doesn't work properly and we can't fix it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

We also use the carrier cards a lot with BRI or PRI and i have no problems at all.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

We have had 3 sites where there where a lot of errors.
The users just could not get a channel to call outside.
Perhaps the engineers used there fat finger to hold it on the electronics itself :)
It could be bad luck.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back