Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Endnote number format in Microsoft Word 2007 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaxter

MIS
Aug 19, 2008
US
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. I work in publishing and have to access manuscripts all day. Microsoft Word 2007 has this as the endnote default number style:

i, ii, iii, etc.

However, we use this style: 1, 2, 3, etc. for endnotes.

I cannot seem to change the default of this numbering pattern. All of my files open with the lowercase roman numerals, and I have to change it every time.

How can I change the default so that the 1, 2, 3, system of numbering appears instead?

Thanks for any help.

Anne

PS: If this is the wrong forum and if someone can direct me to a better forum I'd also appreciate that.

Hello Thaxter,

Welcome to the forum. This sounds like a post for forum68

Tony

Users helping Users...

Thanks Wahnula, I'll try that forum.

Thanks linney -- the problem is I want to change the default. I know how to change styles within a document, but I can't change the default style of formatting the number of endnotes.

I wrestled with Endnote for my PhD ....

search my photos for "endnote" for other terrors!

if the numbering is associated with content delivered by endnote and embedded in your word document, try changing the reference format endnote is set to deliver ( eg the difference between harvard and the others formats )

I never tried to change what endnote delivered by munging it using the power (sic) of Word...

Top tip, for god sake keep saving copies of your EndNote database as it will get corrupted at some stage, I saved it out once a day or evry 10 new references ( I had 450 in my database and used 250+ in practice in my thesis )

Sincere apologies ..... endnote not EndNote .... BTW try the word-ms yahoogroup if you don't get sorted out .... apologies again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back