Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ending Message in Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewman52

Programmer
Mar 1, 2006
US
Does anyone know how to add lines to ending messages on guest checks and credit cards. The software allow about 6 lines and I would like to have a much longer message up to 12 Aloha version 6.2.11 Table Service

I'm not sure about this, but I would also like a longer message.

Thought I would throw this out there again..any ideas?

Is your objective a longer message on the Guest Check as a footer?

I know you can make a custom message that prints after comps are applied by adding a text file to the aloha data folder (yes not newdata), i never checked for payments however, if this is your objective let me know and I'll get back to you.

Yes, my goal is to get the ending message longer on my credit card receipt, to explain to customers why their debit cards are having a hold put on to allow for tipping and it will self adjust in 2-3 banking days. As of now I can only get about 5 lines of info and could possibly use up to 10 lines

Well the truth is that you are no longer required to authorize above the amount to account for the tip. Starting about 2 years ago all the major credit card issuers agreed to place a 20% tip consideration in the authorization for restaurants and other tipped based businesses. You should turn off the tip percentage on the first tab of each tender type. You can check with your processor to make sure. If you still want to add the footer I'll look into it.

Thanks, I have heard that about the processors, but I have asked them and keep getting a I don't know answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back