Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End of day runs early in redundancy mode 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekaBoo

MIS
Jun 24, 2005
US
Whenever we have to put one of our locations in redundancy mode, end of day runs at 10:00 PM regardless of the time set in events.cfg & aloha.ini. We noticed that an extra file, events001.cfg is generated on every terminal. Even after deleting all of these files, end of day runs at 10:00 PM. This only started happening after upgrading to Aloha version 5.3.26e.

Any ideas?

I am thinking that your problem might be that since the terminals are not looking for BOH to set their time (since they are in redundancy) the time-zone might not be set correctly at the terminals. Check the time zone at the os level for your terminals to be the same as the BOH.

Check terminal times as suggested by Skinny.

Open the events cfg file from data on the fileserver and from one of the terminals. Make sure they are the same.
(If there is corruption in the file it will show up as
crazy characters (like my friends).

Besides the "events001.cfg file make sure there are no other event config files such as EVENTS-S.CFG used for store-specific events in Aloha Centralized Data Management (CDM), and EVENTS-C.CFG, used with Aloha CDM corporate-scheduled events.

Enable event-debugging output to the Debugging-Output-Files (debouts). Aloha Manager/Maintenance/Store Settings/System/Aloha Settings. Review the debouts on the terminals next time they are in redundancy.

One important additional note to all of POSRESCUE's suggestions above:
Open the various files in Notepad or similar editor when verifying the data. Don't count on what you see/read in the Aloha. In some cases it will not display redundant entries or other corrupt events.

I notice after the store has been put in redundancy mode, there are extra event files on the terminals only. The terminals all are imaged with the same burn and I've checked to make sure that files like Events-s.cfg are not there. As soon as the store is up in redundancy mode, and I can still access the terminal over the network, I check for these event files. 9 times out of 10 there are
events-s.cfg and events001.cfg on every terminal. Most of the time if these files are deleted on every terminal, end of day doesn't run early. There have been a few times that end of day did run early (this could be the time zone issue).
Thanks to all that responded so far. I will definitely check for time zone differences and corrupted files as well as enabling the events debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back