Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

end of conf warning not playing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishobx

Vendor
Nov 30, 2003
US
Another conferenece center question...I have selected a time (10 minutes, typically, and have tried other times) for the end of conference warning, but we are not hearing anything. The confernce just drops everyone when the time runs out. The documents just say "an audio warning will be played X minutes prior to the conference's scheduled end time, where X represents the number of minutes defined in this field." Is this a default wav file? Is there something more to set up? Any ideas on why this isn't working for me?

thanks,
Dineane

I think I remember in a trial site having to record that message. Apparently it did not ship with the rest of the wav files. I will try to find the docs from the 2.1 trials and see what the file is called.

I would be very greatful...we are stumped! Tech support's only suggestion so far is to uninstall/reinstall the software, but we are not having any other problems. I am not onsite and really would rather not reinstall.

thanks!

The wavs that Voicemail Pro provides for conferencing center are all named "conf_xx.wav" (xx being a number). I couldn't spot one appropriate to 'this conference is about to end'.

You could try running the Voicemail Pro service under a local account and set to interact with the desktop. This runs it in visible console mode. In that mode you may be able to see the name of the prompt file requested (and not supplied).

... ah, its so much easier answering questions when you're sitting next to a real system.

The prompts you need are EOC_01.wav and EOC_02.wav - and kflounders is right, the EOC_02.wav only appeared on my system after a recent upgrade build.

Record your own version in the wavs sub-folder for the language your using, its supposed to say something like "Your conference will end in".

I'll happily email you the proper version if you want US English or UK English.

Email would be great! dineane at earlink dot com.

Just curious, what was the upgrade that caused the files to appear? VMPro or the Conference Center itself? We dutifully downloaded the latest of everything that we could find on the avaya website.

Thanks!

oops....it's dot net, not com, for the wav files. Would you mind emailing again?

thanks!

Whoops, saw the question about version but not the email address.

Currently at home (late evening UK), will send email and attachments as soons as back at the desk tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back