Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encoding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursten

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
PT
Hi,

My web service is been calling with a soap message. The response is a sopar message where it is attached the return of my web service function. I´m returning something like this: <Test></Teste>. The problem is that, in the response soap message the characters "<" and ">" are being send like this: "%lt;" and "&gt;". How can I change this?

Thank you

This is normal behavior. Since SOAP is XML based, and XML uses those characters to define elements, then they need to be escaped.

Take a look at the W3C specification:

which lists all the predefined entities you may encounter.

Chip H.

Hi,

Thank you for your help, but I´m not understanding how can I solve my problem. The soap message my client receives can´t have does "%lt;" and "&gt;", because I´m loading that message to xml using the loadxml method of the MSXML2.DOMDocument object. With does characters xml will not load.

I try make this:

string = "&#60;Test>&#60;/Teste>". (change < for &#60;, but the problem persists).

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back