Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enbedded voice mail delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewcraig

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2006
US
I have run into an issue with embedded voicemail on IP406 V2 DS. The problem is after the auto attendant says its announcement and then jumps down to the voice prompts 1-5 that I have set up, after the user hears the prompt and presses the 1-5, there is a 20 sec delay before it goes to the user’s ext. Is there some sort of setting for how long after the button is pressed before it goes to the mailbox?

Is the phone ringing after the button is pressed? I recommend pulling up Call Status, and visually watching what the call is doing. Atleast it's not being dropped. Is it possible that the call is actually being transferred but you do not have music-on-hold in the system, so you are just hearing silence?

CZ

How many digits is the extn or group that is is dialled by the AA ?

In the system/telephony what is the dial delay count and dial delay time ?

Ok sorry for the delay and thanks for all the help with the post's. I have found that yes when I get the voice mail prompt and press the prompt and I watch the call status it does in fact ring the ext until it goes to the ext voice mail. I use 2 digit ext. IE 10 11 12 13 14.
is there a way for the system to ring so we can tell that the system is doing the transfer, instaed of dead air?

You should connect a music on hold source to the audio port on the back or load a holdmusic.wav using manager. This will fix the silence problem.

You should check the dial delay count/time in Manager.

For testing set it to dial delay count=2 or 3 and dial delay time=1000

Remember to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back