Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling Remote-Party-ID for SIP trunk to SIP trunk outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurban

Vendor
Sep 14, 2010
US
In R9.1, does anyone have the engineering string to enable Remote-Party-ID on a SIP trunk?

We're networking an IPO to an UCx and needed to add the above to get proper caller ID, but on the IPO side we haven't been successful in getting the IPO to include this info so that site to site callers can see the names of the people they are actually calling.

The Asterisk equivalent is below, and once added to the UCx trunk it works fine when the UCx calls the IPO, just not when the IPO calls the UCx
sendrpid = yes

IPO trace from the UCx shows the info below, and puts Bob Smith on the call appearance
Remote-Party-ID: "Bob Smith" <sip:123@10.20.30.40>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no

Everything in the docs shows RPID as only valid for forwarding and twinned calls, we need to enable it on all calls for this trunk.

When I link IPO to Mitels the number and name shows as set in the users SIP tab :)

LOL so noted next time I need to integrate with a Mitel!!
IPO -> UCx shows fine and I get the UCx far side info and they get my info
I only started getting their info once we enabled the Remote Party ID
UCx -> I see the caller's extension name, but they're not seeing my info because IPO isn't sending the RPID

I set the SIP URI to use the internal data which usually works, and I suspect that they need to update their inbound route as I do see the name sent in the Contact: section

The new shiny "Engineering" tab that has no documentation probably has a way to manipulate this, just need the magic command

Why not manipluate the UCx to accept/use what it does get? I told you about the Mitel as that could lead you to something you didnt know, I have no idea what you know or what you've tried. It also works on Nortels and Panasonics so that would suggest the UCx is being picky/restrictive :)

Remote Party ID would only be used when forwarding and twinning to say which the forwarding user is.
This can be enabled in the SIP Line tab on 9.1.

It shouldn't be needed for regular calls.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Yes... I'm awaiting that change to be made on the other system, just trying to work it in a different direction. I've networked the IPO to a few different systems without issue via SIP and H.323, figured it wouldn't hurt to "play" a little while waiting [tongue]

@Janni - yes, per doc... With all the updates to how IPO handles SIP trunks, I'm surprised that you can't enable it via a check box for all calls - and honestly I'm curious as to what can be manipulated via the Engineering tab as its probably just like the No User Source Number tab - lots of tweaks, etc...

You should use PPID/PAID instead though if any, that's the standard way to do it =)
Those you can set on all calls in SIP URI tab.

Remote-Party-Id
This header was defined in a failed RFC : . Although this header is supported by SIP devices and SIP PBXs, this was never accepted as a standard. You should not be using this header.

Some SIP trunk providers only support Remote-Party-ID header.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

It turns out that the test set being used had some wonky firmware on it... tested with a SIP Yaelink phone today and it's pulling from the internal data properly.
One URI on the IPO with everything set for Use Internal works fine, or you can break it apart to 2 different URIs if you need to tandem dial or do anything else aside from dialing extensions. On the UCx side, "sendrpid = yes" under the trunk parameters key for properly populating the extension names on a site to site call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back