Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling Remote Desktop on 2kserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

as896

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
GB
Just installed a new DC for our company, it is 2kserver and I wonder if someone could help me out to enable the remote desktop so that i can remotely connected to it from my xp machine. At the moment I am using VNC which is running between the 2kserv and xp machine, the problem is, it is too slow.

Help me to do this please. It may be I should check the services then remote connection.

right click "My Computer" > Remote tab > check "Allow Users to Connect Remotely to this Computer"

you need to do this on the viewing client aswell.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

It's not that easy on 2000 server the terminal server component needs installing first.

I have tried this, but not working for me anymore. All I want is to allow remote desktop on the 2kserver.

If you install TS and config it for Remote Administration mode, that's all you need to connect to it from within your environment.

Are you getting any errors? Anything in the event log?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Which mode did you set the TS on the server. IF you set it for administration mode only, then only an administrator can log onto the server from remote desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back