Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling Message Forwarding Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpneal44

MIS
Apr 1, 2003
US
Is there a way for the administrator to enable the MFR in a mailbox without MyCallPilot set up? I have a situation where I want all fax messages to a mailbox to forward to an e-mail address that is accessed via web-mail. Since the e-addy has no single designated desktop I can't set up the CP desktop to enable the rule. Suggestions?

Phil, the Phriendly Phone Man

log into the mailbox and go through the prompts, one of them is to enable the rule.

Triton - I saw the one you're referring to, and it did not enable the rule. I tried it several times, to no avail.

From the phone TUI(telephone user interface) not the callpilot manager screen.

Log into the mailbox like you would listen to messages and once you are in, one of the options is to enable the MFR.

If it's not available, then change the class, then change it back.

If you created the rule in for the mailbox in callpilot manager, you should have the option to enable it once you log into the mailbox.....

Thanks, Triton101, I got the MFR enabled, but the message (fax) is not forwarding to the e-mail address I entered (yes, it is a valid e-addy). All looks to be in place, it's just not forwarding. Suggestions?

Since I can't edit my previous message, I will just have to post another one. Regarding the message (fax) not forwarding to an e-mailbox, does the CP have to have an e-mail addy to accomplish this?

you would have to have the callpilot setup for mail delivery.
FQDN, SMTP/VPIM... etc....

Try it with a voice message see if that works first before you start working on the fax part. if the voice message is not forwarded, then you have an issue.

good luck.

Triton - I appreciate you sticking with me on this. If any one else out there might have another perspective, I'd definitely entertain it, as well.

We already have desk-top messaging/fax working on many other mailboxes, but this is the only one that doesn't have a DTM client on it, since it's accessed via web-mail. Voice messages get to my PC many times daily, so I know the FQDN, VPIM, and such are working properly.

NP.

maybe it's a class of service thing, i know that the Class can restrict forwarding messages to NON-Callpilot recipients.

Option:
Allow user to send voice messages to non-CallPilot recipients

maybe something int there?

That user class already has that option checked (allowed). I'm sure there is something small, but glaring me in the face, that I have overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back