Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling/Disabling a Message within Voicemail Pro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivenE

Systems Engineer
Sep 15, 2017
US
Hello everyone, hope you are all well. I have a quick question on enabling and disabling a message in VMPro. Essentially, I have a menu for IT that gives the caller certain options. I want to add a generic blank menu prior to the main menu that I can short code dial in and record a message when certain things are broken around the company so when users call in they are played a message prior to the main menu stating whatever we record. Then, when whenever the issue is fixed, I can short code dial back and turn it off. What would be the best way to go about this? I thought about a play list but I am not sure how I would disable this message when done. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Create a User Variable, such as IT_Announcement.
Add a branch off of your IT Auto Attendant to set the value of IT_Announcement to either 1 or 0, and to record the message
From the start point, check the value of the variable, if 1 play the message before continuing to the IT Auto Attendant, if not 1 skip right to the IT Auto Attendant

ITAA_cr6eo9.jpg

Being voicemail pro there are a thousand ways to do this but thats a good suggested example, so star.

In addition:
[ul]
[li]May be obvious but just in case: don't include the # in any announcement[/li]
[li]Put a PIN on the second Menu action.[/li]
[li]On each of the Set Variable action have a greeting stating what it is set, eg. "Special announcement is on"/"Special announcement is off".[/li]
[li]I'd loop the second menu back on itself as you'll often want to do two actions, ie. switch the announcement on and change the announcement recording. And then have a # and/or timeout to finish.[/li]
[/ul]

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

You guys are awesome, thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back