Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enabling custom recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows27

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I'm trying to setup user@company.com to be able to access their mail via yahoo instead of setting up OWA on an IIS server (too much TCO for me).

I've setup a custom recipient and then enabled incoming/outgoing mail for user@company.com to also go to user@yahoo. I'm getting an undeliverable saying the name is not recognized.

Has anyone done this before? Would this allow users to receive mail sent from the outside and the inside?

thanks

Hi,

You must foreward the users mail. create a rule, this is the fastest way. Open outlook for the user and then create the rule. If you need more help, reply and I will give you detailed instructions on how to setup. EB

could you post....don't see an option for forwarding mail in the rules wizard

greatly appreciate this :)

do you want the user to be able to view the email through exchange and yahoo or just yahoo? also which version of exchange?

exchange 5.5 sp3 and i want them to receive mail sent to user@company.com at the company AND yahoo if they are on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back