Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable Scanning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
May 7, 2002
IE
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to enable scanning on a Pocket PC. i am currently working with a symbol ppt2700. I think i need activescan.dll but i'm not sure where to find it!

Thanks in advance
:D

LikwidKirpans, Andviv - first, be sure that you are using the control that you add to the form (The Symbol ActiveX Scanner Control 'ActiveScan.dll'). Next, be sure that your device has the needed driver to control the scanner. And when your form loads, you will need to enable the scanner. This is the function that I call in my form_load(). Pass in the name of your scanner control.

ex. Call EnableScanning(Scanner)

'================================================
Private Sub EnableScanning(Scnr As ScanControl)
On Error Resume Next
If Scnr.Enabled = True Then Exit Sub

Scnr.Enabled = True
Call Scnr.OpenScanner
Call Scnr.EnableScanning(True)
Scnr.ScanEnabled = True
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub
'================================================

If you still have problems, just put another post on here. I'll be back.

Alan

AlanJuden, got it, it is working fine now.
Now, how do I install my app in other iPaqs? I already have my app working fine in the one that I used for development, but when I try to execute it in the others I get the same error "The control Scanner ({58A21E64-D817-11D2-84F7-00E099035C9E}) could not be created."

So I guess the question is how to "copy and register" the drivers for the SPS3000 into other iPaqs?

Thanks in advance for your help,

andviv

Andviv, my first question would have to be, what program are you using to develop with? I you are using Embedded Visual Basic, then you can go to the
'Tools' menu --> 'Remote Tools' --> 'Application Install Wizard'. After you have built an installer for it, and it is saved somewhere, then you will place each handheld on to it's cradle (this is one at a time on your machine), and double-click the installer application. The installer app does most of the work for you.

Alan

I am getting the same error message as before on the emulator. "The control Scanner ({58A21E64-D817-11D2-84F7-00E099035C9E}) could not be created." Is there a way to make this work in the emulator (PC)?

I am also getting the same error "The control Scanner ({58A21E64-D817-11D2-84F7-00E099035C9E}) could not be created." on a Symbol PDT8146 Pocket PC 2002 with XScale PXA255 processor. Can anyone send me any pointers.

I am using the Symbol scanner control in an eMbedded VB application.

The application is running fine on other Symbol PDT8146 PocketPC 2002 ARM processor handheld, but the XScale and ARM are supposed to be compatible.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back