Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable "open or save" message upon dowloading file

Status
Not open for further replies.

clint6

Technical User
Feb 8, 2007
US
When downloading a file from the web, I used to receive the message to open or save the file. A while back, I had checked on the box so that I didn't receive the message again.

I would like this function back. Does anyone know how to enable that function so that I get the option to open or save the file again? I've deleted my cookies, but had no luck.

Thanks
Clint

Have you tried going to the Control Panel, then to the Security tab. From there, there is a button that says, "custum Level". You can go there, and look for the File Download Sectiona and Look for "Automatic Prompting for File Downloads". Click on Enable. Otherwise, try the Restore Defaults option.

open IE, Advanced tab, under Browsing Option -check "Prompt(/Notify) when download is complete. "

then
under Security tab, click Custom Level, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back