Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enable logging Oracle client Version 9.2.0.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi All

Need a little help with enableing logging on an orackle client running on a 2003 server box. I have edited the sqlnet.ora file which i found in the E:\oracle\ora92\network\ADMIN\SAMPLE directory and copied into the E:\oracle\ora92\network\ADMIN directory but still don't see any logs. Can any one help with a step by step proceedure for this

PappaG said:
Need a little help with enableing logging on an orackle client...
To what kind of "logging" are you referring?...Archive Logging...SQL*Net Logging...some other kind of logging? And when you say, "...on an Oracle client..." it clouds it even further since the logging I mention, above, is server-side logging.

Thanks for refining the boundaries on this issue,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

SQL logging i suspect. I have a client app that passes a stored proceedure to an Oracle DB. The app itself sits on the same box as the oracle client and when we pass a large string of data we receieve error code -1073741819 from our BDServer app. The data itself never reaches the oracle database and we want to capture this in the oracle client log to see what is happening.
I did google it and may have picked it up wrong but believe this is completed via the sqlnet.ora file but i have edited this and no logs appear so not sure what i am missing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back