Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable HotSpots via Extra Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPEN

Programmer
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Anyone know how I can enable Hotspots via an Extra Basic macro? Right now we do it by shutting down Extra, then altering the session file, but I'd like to do it without shutting down Extra.

I know how to set the HotSpot scheme, just need to know how to Enable hotpots.

Thanks.

I've had trouble with this too. We run a process that turns hotspots on and off; our program runs screen scraping, and if they have hotspots enabled, once in a while they have homemade schemes that throws different information onto the screen. In the attachmate version we use, there is a "Disable Hotspots" hotspot scheme that we switch to, but even that seems to be a bit buggy, and we have to mess with the session beforehand to make sure they're enabled. If you figure it out, let me know.

[blue]When birds fly in the correct formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.[/blue]

My users have a startup script that reads the session file and rewrites it with HotSpots enabled (if necessary) before opening the session. Kind of like what you're doing, only it's transparent to the user.

Thanks, for now we are closing the session, updating the session file, then reopening the session. will have to stay that way until I have more time to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back