Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable File and Print Sharing Remotely??? How?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2003
US
We recently purchased a new Management Software because we never really got trained on SMS so we choose this because it was easier..plain and simple. But we are stuck now....we have roughly 800 or more Pc's running Win2K on a WinNT Domain. Problem is with this new software we need File and Print Sharing to be enabled on all Pc's. Some have it enabled and it is great, others do not and they are missing any Patches, Fixes, Upgrades we push out. It would be very time consuming to run to all these PC's to check to see if it is enabled. So my question is through a Login Script, or someway through the registry is it possible to Enable File and Print Sharing?? And if so, has anyone done this?

Note: use the Win2k of snetcfg as described in my first link. The XP version was included for completeness.

It works great....I ran it today. Thanks....but my next problem is....through a logon script it doesn't seem to want to run on people without Domain Admin rights. How would I get it to run?

I am glad this sorted the issue for you.

This is decidedly not a trivial issue.

Bill Castner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back