Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emulex LP8000 config problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovellJim

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2001
US
Help!! I have loaded the .ham and .ddi drivers for my LP8000, but I cant get Netware to see any free space. I have a 380 G2, with an LP8000 installed plugged into a McData ED-5000 (default zone only) and a Hitachi 9200 with LUN security enabled. Do I have to do anything special to get the Netware box to see the LUN(s)?? Have been on the phone to Emulex and they say "I don't know". Go figure. If anyone can point me to any info or write it out, I would be greatly appreciative!

TIA

At the server console, do a

LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS

and see if it can be seen. Let us know. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Ok. I did the command, and the LP8000 is listed as well as some resources under it. I am assuming that these are disks or LUN's? Now, how do I get Netware to get at this storage? (This is great stuff! Keep it coming!)

Jim

Ok (I apologise if my direction is off but I am at home at the moment and have no server to look at).

Go into NWCONFIG and choose "Standard Disk Options", then "Modify disk partitions and Hot Fix". You may be able to see your LP8000 under there, you will have to create a NetWare partition so NetWare can see it. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Ok. I did not see the LP8000 adapter in the disk options box. I tried everything I could think of, too. I put a call in to Emulex who then handed off to Hitachi (the maker of the san). I will see what they have to say, and then come back here when I run out of options. I appreciate all your help, and I think you did a great job being at home and all! Talk to you later! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back