Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emulating a D-Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcissem

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2007
US
First i want to say hello since this is my first post here, next i have a technical question that we can't seem to resolve and i personally have come to the conclusion that this may not be possible but here goes.

Currently we have a site that has a 3300icp setup with PRI lines hooked up to NSU's now we have a group in this site that is trying to upgrade the messaging system which their current system uses logical analog lines in a hunt group and utilizes the PBX's PRI's to call out but,

This new server though according to specs need 2 Direct PRI feeds coming from the smart jack in our demarc, but we are trying to use a NSU to tie between this messaging system and our pbx using cat5e terminated in a T1 fashion with the messaging servers. The problem is we can't seem to find a way to get the NSU to emulate a D-channel to the server so we can create basically a loop for the server to call back out on our pbx's pri lines, is this even possible or are we stuck with forking out the cash for 2 more new pri lines?

Any help would be appreciated as this i can't seem to get away from now matter how fast i run away. Thanks

Yes when you setup your nsy choose network side interface on the main screen and Network side in link characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back