Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Empty Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1999

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
US
I have a report that is about 14 pages long broken into about 28 groups. Some groups are missing data. is there a way to stop the report from printing the groups with missing data but still print the groups where all the data is present.

Chris

Hi chris

Presuming the report is based on a query. You need to weed out the records which are missing data in the query, before it gets to the report. Use the 'not null' condition the fields which seem to be missing the data. This will prevent then from being included in the results of the query.

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
Programmers do it one finger at a time!

Thank you for the reply.

the report is based on a query however, Inside a group their may be 15 rows of data on the report. I am wanting to cancel the report for this group if one of the rows has missing data. I know how to for a query to prevent the row from showing if no data is present but I want to prevent the entire group from being reported.

Chris

Chris:
I had the same problem. It solved by putting a long "IIf" statement into the print field of the report. I had 15 groups, each with 10 possible lines. The solution was,

"IIf [field1] is not null and [field2] is not null ... and [field100] is not null,"GROUP TITLE", "")

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back