Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Empty report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgakhar

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
MX
I've created a report which has a crosstab as a main report and a subreport embedded as well.

The problem that I have with this report is that if I open the report and do a print preview it shows me all the data correctly. If I now close the preview screen and again do a print preview, it only shows data in the subreport whereas the main report (crosstab) comes up empty.

If I close CR and reopen the report and run it now, it works fine. So basically everytime I open the report and run it, it runs fine, but if I run the report multiple times without closing it, the crosstab is empty :(.

Any help will be appreciated !!

Thanks,
MG.

Post your software version...

Check here for service packs and apply them as required:

Obviously this isn't the case with Crystal normally, so you may be using some old version with a known bug, or perhaps you're calling Crystal from within another application which uses bad code, or...

-k

Hi Synapse,
My CR version is 10. I installed Service Pack 2 but that didnt fix the problem :(.

Also Im not calling crystal from another application. This is purely a Crystal report.

Please do let me know if you can think of something that might help me fix this issue or if you need any more information.

thanks,
MG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back