Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Employer's First Report of Accidental Injury or Occupational illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soleil525

MIS
Jan 9, 2002
US
I trying to mimic states form Employer's First Report of Accidental Injury or Occupational Illness in Crystal. The requirement is to make it identical to the official form. I have fifty forms to create. Each state has its own design so the process is very tedious. Has anyone work on something similar to this and have a simple method to create these forms? The official document is in PDF format. I used Acrobat reader to view them, but can not determine the font size and style that were used for each section on the form. Your help and suggestion is greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Bryan

Bryan,

Save the form to a bitmap and insert it in a header section set to Underlay following sections.

This would allow you to more easily match your design (in Preview mode) to the form.

hth,
- Ido
CUT (Crystal UTilities): e-mailing, exporting, electronic bursting & distribution of Crystal Reports:

Ido,
Thank you for a quick respond. How do I save PDF form as a bitmap file? I open the form in Acrobat reader then click File - Save A Copy. The only file format available is Adobe PDF Files{.pdf*}. I change the file extension to .bmp and try to insert this file into the page header but Crystal display a message "Unrecognized bitmap format".
Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan,

You can use Alt-PrintScreen to copy what you see on the screen and paste it into Paint.

If the form is longer than what the screen shows, you can
go through the process multiple times and add segments to
the "Paint" file.

Alternatively, if you like cool gadgets,
use a utility such as SnagIt:

Cheers,
- Ido CUT (Crystal UTilities): e-mailing, exporting, electronic bursting & distribution of Crystal Reports:

Hello, I've just received the same request to create the "First Report of Injury" for Colorado & I'll be retrieving the data from Peoplesoft.

Have you created the report for Colorado?

Elaine/Children's Hospital-Denver, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back