Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Employer wants Key Performance Indicators on option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarrj

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
CA
Anyone know of examples of KPI? I probably need 3rd party software as I dont think these are available from the switch

KPI??? On a PBX??? Are you having dialtone problems? Are you having set issues? Are you having carrier problems? No, then what's the problem with the PBX that it requires a KPI. A traffic study is probably the only thing you can compile to see if people are making calls, and your customers are calling you. The Nortel PBX is the life blood of most organizations, but management from the top down always think it's a waste, until it goes down. Sounds like your employer is talking to Cisco.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

omarrj - are you a government agency perhaps?

I also have to report on KPI's monthly. I report on our switchboard calls - number of calls per day and their average speed of answer and the number of abandoned calls. I do collect CDR so it is pretty easy to do.

Thanks,We don't have any software to collect info,we have cico ip and a bunch of nortels and they think we can give them the same kind of info as the cisco

If you had MAT or OTM running you could report on things like CPU load, Dial Tone delay, total calls, Busy hour CCS, blocked calls, etc. Pretty much everything that is available in the traffic overlay.

Your PBX has CDR and Traffic built in, but with RAW data output. You then need to massage that data and put it into some type of form data that you can read. Search the net for someone that has spreadsheets already done. I remember seeing some a year ago that someone wrote out of the goodness of their heart.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back