Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Employee Notification Hotline 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan11

MIS
Oct 1, 2003
US
Right now we have a employee notification hotline pointing to our old PBX and are in the process of wanting to move it to our IP Office. What do you think would be the best way to set this up on the IP Office? I want our HR department to have access to the recording (also remotely) so they can do updated messages to staff. Is there a way to setup an extention and use the voicemail box greeting as the notification? If so, is there a way to have a voicemail greeting but not be able to leave voicemails?

Any help would be great.

thanks

What is the function of "a employee notification hotline"?
With VM Pro ( essential Edition ) you can do about anything except having sex with it ( at least I couldn't[gorgeous]).

A simple mind delivers great solutions

peter can.....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

The employee notification hotline is to let staff know "if they should come to work today or stay home because the world is coming to an end". I do have VM Pro not using the AA yet so I thought I couldn't go that route.

Why can't you have sex with the VM Pro.. Did she reject you?

I hear my name?
Only when it is on a virtual machine otherwise you cannot have virtual sex :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

at its simplest you could use a mailbox but save the greeting to repeat (option 4)
with VM pro you can route the calls to a call flow with a simple generic action playing the greeting.
you would also need to create a 2nd call flow with an edit play list action to enable the HR team to re-record the greeting when necessary. alternatively you could use conditions to activate any number of pre recorded announcements

I suggest you work through the VM Pro examples tutorial on the documents CD for further examples.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back